• Free Delivery

    Free Delivery*

  • 30 Day money back guarantee

    30 Day money back guarantee

  • 25+ Years Experience

    25+ Years Experience

  • Australian Owned and Operated

    Australian Owned and Operated

What is in Your Water?

What is in Your Water?

23rd Aug 2017


Are YOU killing yourself everytime you take a drink of water!!

As our population increases our water quality and supply is deteriorating.

Water Authorities have a responsibility to provide safe drinking water to consumers. Water that comes into our dams from agricultural and domestic areas can includes dangerous pathogens including Salmonella, Typhi, Cholera etc, Blue Green Algae toxins, as well as Giardia and Cryptosporidium parasites.

Chlorine - the disinfectant you drink!

Adding chemicals to our drinking water will lead to the same sort of cancer epidemics in Australia they've now got in the US. There's a growing view among environmental scientists that high cancer rates in certain cities relate to the fact that they've been drinking a chemical cocktail for the past few decades... Professor Harry Recher, Australian, 12 March 1991

Every year around 80,000 tones of poisonous and reactive chemicals, including sulfuric acid, hydrogen peroxide, copper sulphate, hydrofluorosilicic acid, sodium hypochlorite, lie, aluminium sulphate, liquefied chlorine, ammonia and another 50 assorted compounds are added to Australia's drinking water - to make it `safe' for human consumption. As our water sources degrade, more additives are necessary to achieve disinfection. Year by year the tonnage of chemicals in our drinking water keeps increasing.

Chlorine is a high reactive chemical, which is one reason why it makes such a good disinfectant. Chlorine and its allied chemical compounds are the most economical and efficient killers of almost all living things - bacteria, animals, insects, fish, reptiles and humans. Long ago, people called these substances poisons.

Blue Green Algae - More toxic than cyanide!

Bluegreen algae toxins attack the liver and can cause hepatitis, cirrhosis and cancer, as well as gastroenteritis and dermatitis. New found fame has escalated toxic blue-green algae from a naturally occurring phenomenon, to one of the nation's most critical water quality issues.

The presence of blue-green algae in Australian rivers, lakes, dams and estuaries is widespread. Every mainland State has recorded outbreaks and the threat they pose has been well publicised by the media.

Blue-green algae, known within the scientific community as Cyanobacteria, grow naturally in most bodies of water. Microscopic plants. algae thrive on a combination of nutrients, light, warmth and calm conditions.

Algal blooms often take on the appearance of bright green sawdust before forming a mat or scum on water surfaces. Their smell ranges from musty and earthy odours to a putrid stench, which is most noticeable when decomposition begins. A concern to health and the environment

Them are many species of blue-green algae but only a few are toxin producing. In the non-toxic form, the algae make drinking water unattractive and smelly. The toxic variety are a major health and ecological concern.

Giarda and Cryptosporidium Parasites

They live in the human intestine and cause diarrohea, nausea, abdominal cramps, weakness and chronic fatigue. These debilitating symptoms may persist for months. Media Release - The Hon Dr Michael Wooldridge, Federal Minister for Health and Aged Care ..September 2000

The Ministers said that Cryptosporidium and Giardia occasionally occur in drinking water supplies following contamination by human or animal faeces. This may occur during periods of unusually high rainfall when they can enter the water supply via surface run-off. This is what happened in 1998 in Sydney, resulting in people having to boil their drinking water.

Both organisms can infect the gastrointestinal tract of humans, resulting in persistent diarrhoea. In severely immuno-compromised people, the infection can be life threatening.
How do these parasites cause illness?

Both parasites produce cysts that are very resistant to harsh environmental conditions. When ingested, they germinate, reproduce, and cause illness. After feeding, the parasites form new cysts, which are then passed in the faeces. Studies with human volunteers have shown that ingestion of only a few cysts will cause illness.

What are the symptoms?
Diarrhoea, abdominal cramps, gas, malaise, and weight loss are the most common symptoms caused by Giardia. Vomiting, chills, headache, and fever may also occur. These symptoms usually surface six to 16 days after the initial contact and can continue as long as one month.

RECOMMENDED - All of the above contaminants can be removed by a minimum of a 0.5 absolute micron USA made carbon cartridge. Should Bacteria be a concern, then a ceramic filter is recommended.