Steam rises from the surface of the boiling water leaving behind heavy metals, dissolved solids and other impurities, killing any bacteria, viruses, cryptosporidium and giardia. These remain in the boiling chamber as a residue which is easily removed by the cleaning crystals supplied with your steam distiller.
The steam rises to the top of the boiling chamber, entering the fan-cooled stainless steel cooling duct. This turns the steam back into water. Although this water is now classified as pure, your Steam Distiller includes a post-filtration filter (good for one month) as a final precaution to remove any residues of organic chemicals. The filter is needed to remove the final residue of chemicals such as chlorine which may rise with the steam.
- Plug in and go – no installation required
- Stainless steel exterior finish
- Stainless steel underlid
- Stainless steel boiling chamber
- Stainless steel cooling coil
- Automatic shutoff at end of cycle
- One 4 litre plastic collection jug incl filter nozzle.
- Comes with 6 carbon sachets and cleaner, enough for 6 months.
- Makes 4 litres in 5-6 hours (at only a few cents per hour).
Also available: Descale It (480g) bottle & replacement carbon sachets (box 12).